Thank you for your interest in EOP. We are now accepting applications for Fall 2021.
- Submit the EOP Application in addition to the general OCC Application
- Provide us with (2) Recommendation Forms
- Provide us with proof of the previous year’s income (examples of acceptable documentation are on the back of the application) for everyone in the household using the
- Complete a personal statement (additional details available via the EOP office)
- Return these documents to the EOP office located in C222 in Coulter Library, email email@example.com, or mail it to: 4585 West Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse, NY 13215.
Income Eligibility & Application Guidelines
To be eligible for admission into the Educational Opportunity Program at Onondaga, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a New York State resident for 12 months prior to enrollment;
- Must be a first-semester student and participate in our Pre-Freshman Institute;
- Must be educationally disadvantaged as determined by established EOP criteria;
- Must have a GPA range of 70-84 (exceptions are allowed on a case by case basis)
- Must demonstrate potential for completing a college program; and
- Must be economically disadvantaged as determined by the state-established criteria for the Educational Opportunity Program as defined below.
|Household Size (including head of household)||Total Annual Income in Previous Calendar Year|
|*For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $8,288 for each additional person.|
Income guidelines do not apply if:
- The student's family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance; or through a county Department of Social Services; or Family Day Care payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance
- The student is in foster care as established by the court;
- The student is a ward of the state or county.