How to Apply for EOP

Thank you for your interest in EOP. We are now accepting applications for Fall 2021.
  1. Submit the EOP Application in addition to the general OCC Application
  2. Provide us with (2) Recommendation Forms
  3. Provide us with proof of the previous year’s income (examples of acceptable documentation are on the back of the application) for everyone in the household using the
  4. Complete a personal statement (additional details available via the EOP office) 
  5. Return these documents to the EOP office located in C222 in Coulter Library, email, or mail it to: 4585 West Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse, NY 13215.

Income Eligibility & Application Guidelines

To be eligible for admission into the Educational Opportunity Program at Onondaga, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Must be a New York State resident for 12 months prior to enrollment;
  • Must be a first-semester student and participate in our Pre-Freshman Institute;
  • Must be educationally disadvantaged as determined by established EOP criteria;
  • Must have a GPA range of 70-84 (exceptions are allowed on a case by case basis)
  • Must demonstrate potential for completing a college program; and
  • Must be economically disadvantaged as determined by the state-established criteria for the Educational Opportunity Program as defined below.
Household Size (including head of household) Total Annual Income in Previous Calendar Year
1 $23,606
2 $31,894
3 $40,182
4 $48,470
5 $56,758
6 $65,046
7 $73,334
8 $81,622*
*For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $8,288 for each additional person.

Income guidelines do not apply if:

  • The student's family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance; or through a county Department of Social Services; or Family Day Care payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance
  • The student is in foster care as established by the court;
  • The student is a ward of the state or county.


Questions? Contact 315-498-2428 or