Accessing the College Wired and Wireless Network
Access to the OCC network is strictly controlled by the use of a user name and password to protect your privacy and comply with federal law. Do not share this information with anyone.
Your user name and initial password is automatically created when you are accepted as a student. Returning students keep their same user name and password as last semester.
- Your user name is made up of the first initial of your first name followed by a period + your middle initial (if you provided one to us in the past) followed by a period + your full last name.
- Example: John E. Smith = j.e.smith (lower case)
- If your user name is not unique based on this rule, a random number will be added to the end of your last name (for example, j.e.smith398).
Don't know your user name? You can use any browser on or off campus to find out what your user name using WebAdvisor and selecting Account Information and then What's my User Name? link on the bottom of the page, or by contacting the Helpdesk at 315-498-2999
In addition to your user name, you must enter a secret password when you log on. Your password will be the same to log in to WebAdvisor, the college network, and other web applications.
- First Time Password
- The very first time you log on your password will be your identification number (ID). The system will require you to change this password the first time you log on.
- Creating a New Password
- Passwords must be 8 characters and must contain one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one number. Your password must not include any part of your name.
- Student password do not expire. After logging in for the first time, students are prompted to change their password. This password does not expire
Logging on for the First Time
Please log into WebAdvisor and set your security question, then you'll be able to reset our own password.