You've probably gotten an email about Box of Books, or heard other people talking about it on campus. But what is it? Here are three things you need to know about the program.
1. It can (and probably will) save you money
Before Box of Books, OCC students spent around $82 per textbook. For a class that required a couple of textbooks, it meant spending $250-300 per course and racking up the textbook spending. Now with Box of Books, students will spend around $250-300 with Box of Books for all their classes. To make it easy for you, we've broken down what you'll be paying for books based on some common credit amounts below.
- 10 credits - $215
- 12 credits - $258
- 14 credits - $301
- 15 credits - $322.50
- 16 credits - $344
2. And You Can Use Excess Financial Aid to Pay for It
On top of saving money with Box of Books, some students are able to apply any excess financial aid to help pay for their textbooks. To see if you qualify to have your books covered by financial aid, contact us by calling 315,498-2000 or texting 315-400-4057.
Special Note: Residence Hall Students do not typically have excess financial aid which can help cover textbooks :(
3. It'll Also Make the Start of Your Semester Easier
Saving money isn't the only benefit. It's also a time saver. Say goodbye to the complicated process of figuring out your textbooks. All you need to do is:
- Register for Classes (if you haven't already)
- Confirm your Box of Books with the Bookstore online.
- Your Username is your OCC email address
- Your Password is your Student ID
- You will need a credit or debit card to secure your order. No payment will be necessary at the time of securing your box of books! Textbook costs are included in your student account.
- Pickup your box of books (48 hours after you register for courses)
Got questions about Box of Books? Let us know!