Hi everyone, I'm Rebekah and I'll be taking over these updates for the 2019/20 school year! We have a lot going on for week 3 of classes. Tuesday September 10th is world suicide prevention day. To show support, wear purple or teal on Tuesday, and stop by the counseling center in Gordon Student Center to purchase $1 ribbons.
Throughout September there will be many events at OCC to celebrate Latinx Heritage Month. You won't want to miss all that's going on, so be to sure to stay in the loop!
Monday, September 9th, 2019
11:15 AM - 12:15 PM, Storer Auditorium, A Conversation with Edwidge Danticat
- Come by Storer Auditorium to hear from the Author of this year's common read, Breathe, Eyes, Memory. Following the onstage conversation, Danticat will be signing books in the Ann Felton Multicultural center from 12:15 PM- 1:00 PM.
12:15 PM - 1:00 PM, Ann Felton Multicultural Center, Latinx Cultural Sampler
- Join Edwidge Danticat in sampling some delicious Latinx food, following her presentation!
Tuesday, September 10th, 2019
10:00 Am - 2:00 PM, OCC Main Campus, #freeifyoucanfindmeocc
- Check OCC's Instagram account for some clues (@onondagacc) and stop by the location with your lazer card for some free food and OCC swag!
Friday, September 13th, 2019
11:15 AM, Academic 2 Recital Hall, Music Concert
- Drop by the recital hall during college hour to hear some beautiful music performed by the Ensemble Aubade. The perfect way to relax before your next class and show support for OCC's wonderful music program.
11:15 AM - 12:30 PM, Gordon Bistro, SGA General Assembly Meeting
- You won't want to miss this year's first general assembly meeting where the new Student Government Association officers are introduced! It's a perfect time to meet members from other clubs and find out all of the new things SGA is planning for the school year.
Last Day to Drop a Class w/ No Grade (In-Person at Student Central)
- Close of business at 4:15 p.m. is your last opportunity to drop a class in-person at Student Central with no effect on your grade.
Sunday, September 15th, 2019
Last Day to Drop a Class w/ No Grade (via Email to Student Central: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This is your last opportunity to drop a class and not have it affect your grade! It must be done by the end of the day by emailing email@example.com.
Last Day for 25% Refund of Tuition
- This is also your last day to receive 25% of your tuition back if you drop all of your classes.